Jul 29, 2010

"I Still Believe" In Lyfe


On Tuesday, July 27th I had the opportunity to attend the official NYC Lyfe Jennings album preview event for his new album, "I Still Believe."

Upon taking the stage, backed by two phenomenal singers and a pianist, Lyfe belted out some of his past hits and gave us a sample of what to expect off of his new album. After performing Must Be Nice and Never Land  he sang three new songs:
Statistics, his current single that is schooling women on how to find and keep the 10% of available good men. He mentioned that he's been getting alot of slack from men via twitter about this song, but it is 100% real! Kudos to him for loking out for the women.
If Tomorrow Never Comes, this song is Lyfe's favorite on the album, and with good reason. He makes reference to his mother, mother of his kids, his children and its aunt. The song had a very apologetic theme behind it.
It Could Have Been Worse, this song is my personal favorite! I love it! The title explains it all. It was beautifully written and even more beautfully sung! He gave me goosebumps!

If you are wondering what you are going to get from Lyfe's album, all I can say is POSITIVE MESSAGES! The songs will have you on a voyage of deep thoughts and on a journey on an emotional roller coaster. Before making his way of the stage he said "I'm never gunna sell a trillion albums, but i'll be satisfied."

Lyfe Jennings' new album "I Still Believe" will be in stores August 31st!! Make sure you get it!!!

*Snippet: 'Satistics' Acapella


Pics:

Alesha Renee hosted. . .



1 comment: