Jul 17, 2011

My WEEN Academy Experience - Week 1


As many of you know, I am one of 35 young women hand picked to be a part of the first ever WEEN Academy. This 6-week crash course in entertainment will groom and prepare us all for successful careers in the entertainment business. Check out the videos below to see how the 1st week went:

Week 1 Wrap-up:


My Day 4 Confessional:


Personally, my overall experience this week had me on an emotional roller coaster. Many times I was happy and upbeat, other times I was a little frustrated but most of the time I felt inspired and lucky to be a part of such an amazing program. Thank you to the entire WEEN organization, particularly the planning board. Thank you to our Week 1 professors, Lauren Lake, Midwin Charles, Angela Yee, Amanda Diva, Alesha Renee, Sharon Carpenter, Coach Carlos and Tamekia Flowers-Holland. A special shout-out to WEEN Co-Founder Sabrina Thompson, WEEN Academy Director Latasha Kennedy and all of the day to day WEEN Academy volunteers. Thank you for working hard for us!!

To my 34 new sisters. . . I look forward to this journey! I think it is safe to say that we are all down for one another. What's for us will be for us. . .there's a spot for ALL OF US!

Looking forward to a great summer ladies!




If you would like more information about the Women in Entertainment Empowerment Network and the WEEN Academy, visit the link below:
www.weenonline.org
www.weenonline.org/academy

No comments:

Post a Comment